Monday, September 12, 2016

Drivers license

"A milestone in a teenager's life includes attaining the ultimate freedom. The License. Your L's as it was commonly referred to amongst peers. It was not an easy item to get, but one coveted by all."

That is something I wrote back in high school for my yearbook. I'm sure plenty can agree with that quote. I had looked forward to the time when I would have that freedom, too. But that didn't happen for me. I sat by and watched as all my friends got their first cars. Not that I can't drive, but there are additional steps needed for me to get a license and car.

Once I did look into getting a car I realized how much money I would need to save. After that, I went to take my written test only to be told I needed to complete a medical evaluation. Once I got the paperwork filled out, an interview was scheduled. Now I am waiting for an interview to see what further questions they have for me. Should I have done this sooner? Most likely. Even if I had, I would still need to save money for a car with hand controls. I would still be in the same position I am now. I bring this up because this is another situation i which people look at me and think I am being lazy. Another situation where people don't understand that I am working towards the goal, but I have more complicated process to complete. I will update this topic in the future.

Editor: Esmé Nicolson-Singh (redsbreadslady)

No comments:

Post a Comment