Thursday, September 15, 2016

Relationships

Dating is something I have done once or twice when I was younger. Like many others I have had crushes and that's as far as it went. I have never felt like I couldn't date because of my wheelchair. 

Oddly enough, when asking someone out I have heard the response, "But you are in a wheelchair." So for some, it has been a problem. To be fair, that was back when I was a teenager. Some people have asked me why I don't date someone else with SB. The thing about that is I have given it some thought and it would make things a little bit more difficult. We would need a house that is wide enough for both our chairs to fit, a large car to fit our chairs, and we would run the risk of us both getting sick with the same thing. I am not saying I absolutely wouldn't date someone else with SB, I have just thought of the challenges that may arise. 

As for right now, would I like to be with someone? Sure, but I know I have a lot to work before I can care for a woman. For the time being, I will work on myself and continue to give relationship advice like I do. 

Editor: Esmé Nicolson-Singh (redsbreadslady)

No comments:

Post a Comment