Thursday, September 29, 2016

Having a Job

I have only had one job in my life. One. Think about that for a minute. A guy that is 24 years old and only has worked one job in his life. Kinda sad, isn't it?

I would love to work, but I can't. As I mentioned before, I can't work because I collect SSI. If I do work, my health insurance is cut off, something that I can't let happen. Some would say it's great, earning money for doing nothing. Well, let me tell you it isn't. I feel worthless. It feels as if I am a waste of space. Each day I need to find something to do so I feel like I'm productive. It's part of the reason why I want to go to as many spina bifida events as I can. Something to fill my time and encourage others. 

My friends all have jobs and always stay so busy. It makes me think, "What am I doing? Just sitting here doing nothing". It is what it is. Does it make me depressed? Yes, very much so. But it gives me the opportunity to volunteer and help this generation of kids with SB. At least I have that going for myself. I hope that I really am making a difference and my advice helps a bit.

Is there something you'd like me to discuss? Let me know in the comments below.

Editor: Esmé Nicolson-Singh (redsbreadslady)

No comments:

Post a Comment