Thursday, September 29, 2016

Depression

Depression is something I have been struggling with since I was 17. It hits me pretty hard every once in a while, but I have negative thoughts every single day. Today is one of those days it is hitting me. 

Some friends may be shocked to know I struggle with it and how bad it is. My friends see me as a happy person, at least I think they do. I'm the guy people turn to for advice, so it's crazy to think the one helping everyone needs help the most. 

I think to myself most of the time, "Why bother? Why keep trying? Who wants me around? Who and why would anyone consider me a friend? You should just stay in bed today. Don't bother getting up. No one cares about me."

All of these thoughts are going through my head while someone is asking me advice on how to get someone to like them or how can they stop arguing with their significant other. Do I ever dump my issues on anyone? A few times I have. The majority of the time, I am listening. Times like this, I want to just disappear. Not exist for a bit. Get away from everything. But I can't. Things would only get worse. So I get up each day and continue with my daily routine. Some have it worse than me, so who am I to complain?

Editor: Esmé Nicolson-Singh (redsbreadslady)

No comments:

Post a Comment